HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Are you live or a machine? I had oral sex one time with a…

Customer Question
Are you live or...

Are you live or a machine?

Doctor's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the doctor more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had oral sex one time with a woman. She provided me with a health report that listed her overall health info. It says that her hiv was non-reactive. But they also listed her blood levels. Now that I am reviewing these levels online, some things pop out that lead me to think she might be on hiv medications. Can I provide you with her levels and you tell me if my fear I possibly may have been infected with hiv?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No, none

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
I had oral sex one time with a woman. I do have gum desease. She provided me with a health report that listed her overall health info. It says that her hiv was non-reactive. But they also listed her blood levels. Now that I am reviewing these levels online, some things pop out that lead me to think she might be on hiv medications. Can I provide you with her levels and you tell me if my fear I possibly may have been infected with hiv?
5/30/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Jon, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Jon
Dr. Jon, Board Certified MD

Hi there. I'm Dr. Jon. I'll be happy to help answer your question.

Which blood levels on the attached document were you concerned about?

Wbc, Neu, rbc, mcv, and the mchc. Overall my question is are these results the typical results of someone infected with hiv... maybe on meds to reduce/conceal a positive test result?

These labs would not indicate this. These labs seem to be normal and not indicative of any type of history of HIV infection. The WBC and Neu are slightly on the high side, but this is very nonspecific and could be normal or could also be seen with any type of inflammation or infection like a cold or many non-HIV issues. What was it that made you concerned about them that they might suggest the person was on medication?

2 weeks after I came home from visiting her I felt sick. I had pain in the glands in my neck, but did not perceive them as swollen. I had a slight sore throat, and felt feverish although I never had a high temp. I started thinking the worst. The next day it frlt like the star spangled banner going off in my neck. I dont know if that was from stress or what. 16 days after our incident I tested negative for hiv, and she provided me with these results for her. I have stressed so much, and lost 7 pounds in this last month of events. I know only time will provide another negative result or a positive one. But I am super stressed behind this.

I'm sorry to hear you are stressed about this and that it is causing so much anxiety. I do not think you can make any conclusions based on the test results she sent you as to her HIV status. The results from the blood work could be the results of a perfectly healthy person without any disease or illnesses. It is good that you got tested and that the first test is negative. The symptoms you describe are pretty nonspecific and could also be consistent with a common cold. HIV transmission through oral sex is really low even if she were HIV positive, on the order of 1 in 2000 to 1 in 3000.

Please let me know if you have additional follow-up questions. If you are satisfied with my answer, a 5-star rating is appreciated so I may continue to give high quality answers on the site. If you have further medical questions in the future, I'd be happy to help you with them.

Hi there. I see this question is still open. Please let me know if you require further assistance. If not, I appreciate a 5-star rating so I may close the question. Thanks.