HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I’m taking pep for an exposure. I stupidly left my meds in…

Customer Question
I’m taking pep for an...
I’m taking pep for an exposure. I stupidly left my meds in my purse and left them in my office. I think one of my coworkers went though my purse. I’m so scared about being outed and all that will follow. If you have experience helping patients with this, can you please give me some advice
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
5/25/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Nina Lim
Dr. Nina Lim, Board Certified MD
Hello, my name is***** and I am an internal medicine doctor. I am reviewing your chart now and will get back to you shortly. Can you tell me what kind of job do you do, and what kind of company do you work for? Thanks.
A private equity fund
I work on the investments team
Thanks for the info. I am typing up my response now, thanks for your patience.
There are federal laws that protect your rights in the workplace so employers know better than to discriminate against someone with a medical condition. These laws are enforced by the EEOC - Equal employment opportunity commission. Your employer cannot fire you on the basis of a medical condition or any medication that you take.
This is illegal.
I am available for any follow up questions that you may have.
If you were satisfied with my response, please consider giving me a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you, thanks.
I’m worried about being ostracized
it ending up in the jnternet
Are you asking about what the legal repercussions are for this? You might need to post it in our legal forum as this is a medical forum and I am a doctor, not a lawyer unfortunately.
More how do I emotionally get through this
I see what you mean. I will opt out as you will be better served by a psychologist expert. I wish you all the best.
I feel so stupid and violated