HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I woke up with a feeling of bumps on my bottom inner lips. I…

Customer Question
I woke up with a...
I woke up with a feeling of bumps on my bottom inner lips. I don't see anything but I feel them. Is that something bad? Also I have a bruise on my left wrist and I don't know what that has to do with anything bad like HIV. I was moving some boxes a couple days ago and I'm wondering if the bruises from that but it's just weird that I feel these bumps on my lips too.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
5/25/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 2 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

This is Dr. Shah and am reviewing your question now.

I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you

Do you see bruises in other area? Any bleeding disorders or taking meds like blood thinner?

You are asking about HIV, any unprotected sex?

No other bruises. I have but he says he gets tested and he is good. No blood thinners. I'm thinking I just hit my wrist because I am moving boxes because I am moving so I'm thinking I just hit my wrist or something. As far as my lips I don't know what that is I don't see anything but I feel them
On the bruise it looks like there's an area where it's going to peel so I don't know if I cut myself or something

Thanks for the information.

Your bruises could be due to localized injury as you are moving, you might have hurt it. Nothing major, it will go away soon. Since he is clean, I don't think you are at risk. The sensation you feel, but don't see anything, it might just an irritation. If you tends to have yeast, then it's common to see irritation and itching. Keep eye on it, does not sound like STDs or anything at this point.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.

take care.

Yeast? On my lip?

Are you taking about oral lip, I though genital area.

No lip jot genital
Not

Do you see any color change in your lips? Any blisters, pain, itching?

History of cold sores? Did you eat something new?

It's on my bot***** *****p inner lip and it feels like bumps I don't see them and it's probably irritated because I've been messing with it cuz I don't know where they came from I didn't have them last night. As far as the bruise it looks like there's like an area like when something starts to scab I wish I could take a picture and show you
No I didn't eat anything new I had a hot dog and I put some salt on it I don't know if that had anything to do with it that was last night though
No history of cold sores
Does this sound hiv-related?

It looks like your sensation is from irritation, and salt can do that. This kind of issues recover within afew days to a week. not a major concern

No, this is not HIV. Moreover, he is clean so you are not at risk.

But would you get bumps? Bumps you can't see?
it wouldn't happen right away it could take some time to appear?
he says he is clean he has a girlfriend as well so I know he goes and gets checked
How do I send you a picture of the bruised area?

Yes, it does take time and it may vary from person to person. If he is getting tested repeatedly, then he is clean.

You can upload the picture here using file/clip icon in this box.

Picture not uploading. Getting error

I am sorry, sometimes it can happen.

can you describe how does it look like and how long are you having it?

If u cut urself and it caused a bruise would u get like a peeling of the skin?

I get it. It means you must have hurt and caused skin cut/damage recently. This is minor and suppose to go away within a couple of weeks.

Noticed bruise yesterday. Peeling today. Do u have a peeling of the skin with hiv?

No, this is not HIV related.

It's better, you have a good healing, must have been very superficial.

Ok what about the bumps/irritation on the bot***** *****p? What can i do to get rid of it?
Hello?
Hello? Are u there?

Sorry, I had to step out of the computer room.

Those irritations are usualy temporary and likely due to salt or other food. You can drink adequate water and take vit c for speedy recovery.

I hope it helps.

take care

What if the bump looks a little whitish?
Please see pic
Looks like 4 little bumps
Those arent hiv related? What can i put on them to get rid of them?
Ok not white. Looks like 3 or 4 little bumps. Should i be worried?
Are u there?
Hello????
Hello???
HELLO?????