HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I need to speak someone about STD test anxiety. By the way-

I need to speak...

I need to speak someone about STD test anxiety.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

By the way- is this message private?

3/27/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

What is your question. This message is private.

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

We can continue by texting on this site.

Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David

what is your question?

Hi Dr Stan- Thank you for taking my concern. I have major anxiety having to take a second 4th gen test. I took an initial one too soon after my 1st encounter, (12 days after brief unprotected oral and protected vaginal) and 5 days after protected oral and vaginal). Both encounters Hetero and were w Vietnamese CSW in Singapore. I’ve displayed no symptoms but rather severely anxious that I am infected and could pass it to my partner.

I'm glad you used a condom.

it sounds like you are letting your anxiety symptoms get out of control with worry here

the chance of you having HIV is one in a million chances.

if your anxiety symptoms are bad, you may need treatments to help decrease your anxiety symptoms

I know. It’s been crippling and debilitating. All the data and science bares very little risk, if any. Do I need to test for my peace mind? I can’t bare the thought of doing it again and may need counseling. Thank you for your support, advice and understanding. Your service gives hope to people.

you will still continue to worry, even if your test is negative

because of your bad anxiety symptoms. you do need to see a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist for treatment and counseling.

you need better treatment for your anxiety symptoms

there are medications like sertraline, fluoxetine, paroxetine which can help decrease anxiety symptoms.

medications like diazepam, clonazepam can help decrease anxiety

hydroxyzine, and propranolol can help as well

Thank you Dr. I believe you are right. This anxiety is not normal. Thank you again for your advice.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Other
Phone call session started
Is Dr David available?

yes, I am here.

Hi Dr. You were right, even though I have received my negative results from a 4th generation HIV test (post 29 days), I am still suffering from anxiety of infecting my partner. Do I need anxiety medicine? My exposure was protected w CSW’s.

you should talk to your primary care doctor about your anxiety and worry symptoms

you may need treatment