HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

My friend is a bottom and the top pentretrated him without…

Customer Question
My friend is a bottom...
My friend is a bottom and the top pentretrated him without protection for maybe 1-2 min. My freaked out and had the top take 20 min rapid hiv test. The top tested positive.The bottom is so worried about precum and hiv transmission. He went and got PEP within 12 hrsWhat are the risks of contracting HIV from just precum in the Anis and rectum. Followed quickly by a course PEPAnd then what are the percent chances of catching HIV
Pl
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
3/25/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Since, the top tested positive, the odds are about 1 out of 154.

PEP is effective in HIV prevention in about 81 percent of cases. So, the odds are in your friend's favor.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!