HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Blood on a amusement ride handle / cushion hiv risk

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
3/18/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 1 month ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

If the cut is superficial then there is no hiv risk, i could not answer your followup question as you opted me out in that link.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is a cat scratch that didn’t need band aid / stitches superficial?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m not sure what superficial consist of when hiv transmission

Yes, this kind of cut is not a risk. Superficial means which do not bleed frankly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bled a little during the ride
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You said if it was 30 sec or less to touching someone’s blood right after they got off ride I should get a test that’s scared me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My scratch was bleeding but not a lot and the original scratch was 8 hour prior

just few drops does not matter. You do not need testing but if you get it it will give you reassurance as you look very anxious about this matter. I can just say that no risk from the scenario you described. Do not get scared test will be negative. That is all i can say and it is up to you now as i tell you same thing again and again.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think I should get tested? Would you if it was you in this situation ?

No, i do not think so and i would not if this happens to me

I can not reassure you more than this. My last answer.

If ok please do leave a positive rating.

Best wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Waiting for testing window is going to drive me nuts if I didn’t get some sort of advice
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it’s safe to remain intimate w the husband bc there was no risk
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Right?

Yes, that is correct.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Everytime I think I’m ok, I remember my scratch bleeding a little bit and the skin torn on top and remember the blood and how quickly they got out and I got in the ride and I’m worried that if it was infected it was too quick to be inactive and my anxiety starts again , the waiting time is going to kill me alone
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor