HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I'm aware this isn't related to HIV or AIDS, I didn't know…

Customer Question
I'm aware this isn't related...
I'm aware this isn't related to HIV or AIDS, I didn't know where to post this question. My skin test for TB and blood test came positive, so my doctor is suspecting latent TB, and my chest Xray is clear.
We are trying to have a baby and planning to undergo fertility Tx. Will the treatment for latent TB have any negative effect on me while I'm undergoing fertility Tx? Whatelse should i know? I'm a 33yr old F.
Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
3/11/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 1 month ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Treatment of latent tuberculosis will not affect the fertility treatment.

You should not worry on this count.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. David, Other replied 1 month ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David

have you had BCG vaccination when you were young? this can cause false positive PPD testing

you should ask your doctor for the QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In-Tube (QFT-G) blood test for use as an aid in diagnosing Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

I could not reply you earlier as I was opted out by the system and could not reply you.

Please let me know, if I can do anything more for you.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor