HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I have done my hiv test after 9 weeks of possible exposure.

And the test which I...
I have done my hiv test after 9 weeks of possible exposure. And the test which I had done is hiv 1 and 2 antibody with p24 antigens using tori-dot kit I don’t know which generation test it was but it came back negative. What are the chances of getting positive after 12 week test. I am feeling some symptoms like joint pain and many more because of anxiety or some thing else. Pls help the more symptoms I see in Internet and after that I feel in my body i don’t know because of anxiety
3/10/2018
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, chances of HIV getting positive after 12 weeks are less than 5%.

You shouldn't worry about HIV.
Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Pls tell the test which I had done is 3rd generation or 4th generation. And what about my symptoms it is because of anxiety?

Thanks for the follow-up.

It's 4th generation test.

HIV 4th generation test at 4 weeks with accuracy 95% and at 12 weeks 99.9%.

At 9 weeks if the result is negative so it can be considered conclusive.

Your symptoms are not associated with HIV.

I can assure you definitely that you are safe and move on.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

I had search on internet about p24 antigens is not dectetable after 6 weeks is it right. But the main concern is the test which I had done after 9 week is accurate and p24 antigen can work after 64 days

The antibodies will be produced by 6 weeks. Also, the 4th generation will be able to detect the antigen even before the seroconversion. So a negative test after 6 weeks is confirmatory and you can safely rely on the results even you had done after 9 weeks.

Hope this helps.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Pls reply sir

I have already answered it a few minutes ago.

I paste it here again.

Hope this helps.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Should I stop searching and reading internet about hiv? Because the more I search the more new thing comes in my mind which worry me a lot

Yes, you should stop searching.

I can assure you 100% that you are safe.

Hope this helps.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor
Sir last question. According to you should I go for test after 12 week? Because I am bit worry about my result after after 12 week
Sir I am waiting for your reaponse

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Personally, with my experience of 30 years in this medical field, I wouldn't recommend further testing.

Only for your peace of mind, you can go for testing.

Still, your results at 9 weeks are conclusive.

You can move on.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

but sir from tomorrow my joint is paining and neck also what could be the reason behind it. it anxiety or what
thanks for your help. i believe this will reduce my anxiety level

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

These symptoms are not associated with HIV at all.

Take over the counter Ibuprofen.

Hydrate yourself with Oral rehydration solution.

Take proper rest.

Avoid stress and anxiety about HIV.

It can be possible to have some other viral infection.

Hope this helps.

Sir the medicine which you have told is have some side effects also it is safe for me

Yes, it's safe for you.

sir which test should i do after 11 weeks of possible exposure? so i can get peace of mind

You can go for a Rapid antibody test.

after this test do i need further test ? after 1 more week? i.e after 12 week
Sir, I can do western bolt test

Well, if your rapid antibody test would be negative then there is no need for further testing.

Western blot test can be done for your peace of mind.

Otherwise, no need.

Sorry for the question. But yesterday the laboratory men told me the test which he done it was only hiv 1 and 2 antibodies test. He had not used p24 antigen. So from yesterday onwards I am worried. Sir, what is the accuaracy percentage of hiv 1 and 2 antibodies test after 9 week? And today I have done hiv duo test and p24 antigen test as a final test so it should be ok for me?

HIV antibody test is 97% accurate after 9 weeks.

So, chances of HIV are very less likely.

Your HIV duo test and p24 antigen test result would be negative most likely.

Hope this helps.

97% accuracy is for any hiv antibodies test? He uses tridot kit method for my hiv test so how accurate it was after 9 week

If it's tri-dot HIV testing then a repeat testing at 12 weeks should be done for a conclusive result.

The sensitivity and specificity of the TRI-DOT test were 99.48% and 99.99%, respectively, compared with the fourth-generation ELISA.

Sir, according to you tri-dot test after 9 week is how much accurate

It's 95% accurate.

According to you is there is chance to change of my result because I have already given my blood sample for hiv duo as well as p24 antigen

Chances are very less likely.

Your result would be negative.

Thanks for your support sir. If today’s result will come negative. Then should I test again after 4 days? Because then 12 week will over

If your today's result will come negative then you needn't retest again.

As nothing will change in 4 days.

Thanks for your all answer and support. But I am very worried about my result. Sir, have u seen 9 week negative result will come positive after 12 week

No, it wouldn't change your result to positive.

No need to worry at all.

Hello sir, I have done hiv duo Elisa method and hiv p24 antigen unit with clia method the both test came negative after 80 days of possible exposure. So sir according to you I should stop my test? It is conclusive or should I do another test to reconfirm again. I am attaching my report also pls have a look.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

You needn't further testing. No need to worry at all.

You are fine.

Hope this helps.

But sir, why all say after 12 week if any one tested after 77 days it may consider conclusive with 4th generation

After 6 weeks, 4th generation test results are 95% conclusive.

Near to 12 weeks, results are 99% conclusive.

As your test results are negative at 77 or 80 days of possible exposure, we can consider these results are accurate.