HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Can you get HIV or hepatitis C from blood or organs received…

Can you get HIV or...
Can you get HIV or hepatitis C from blood or organs received from another person?
3/2/2018
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

YES HIV and Hepatitis B & C can be transmitted if the donor(person who donates) is positive for these.

But a donor is always screened for HIV and hepatitis before he/she can donate blood or an organ.

I hope this answers your question.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please do leave a positive 5 star rating by simply clicking on the stars on top left or bottom corner of this thread.
You are not charged for rating positively and I will be here for any follow up questions.
Thank you.

Medicaldoctor