HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I need someone to talk to me about hiv. No none at all. No…

I need someone to...

I need someone to talk to me about hiv

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

No none at all

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No other than I been tested in the past year with the INSTI hiv finger prick test they all came back negative as we all a blood draw in Dec of 2016. I have had one partner since Nov 2016 till now

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Fine. Nothing out of the ordinary

1/15/2018
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

from June to mid Oct of 2016 i was dating a man and i got tested quite a few times at SA Hiv aids foundation facitlity and they came back negative while we were dating and sexually active. (These are the rapid INSTI HIV 1/ HIV 2 TEST they tested me with.)We had vaginal and anal intercourse. But I then met my now husband in Nov 2016 and stopped any sexual contact with that man in mid Oct. So then Dec 2016 came around and I got a blood draw done at the facility and it came back negative as well. I was no longer with that other man. And I had waited the widow period time as well to get the blood draw done. I stopped any sexual contact with that man in mid Oct... I been with my husband since Nov 2016 up until now and still growing strong and we are extremely faithful to one another. We both came to the facility in Feb or March in 2017 to get tested (INSTI finger prick) and came back negative for both of us. Then I went back in Dec 2017 and came back neg (INSTI finger prick.) And then jan of 2018 I came to get tested (INSTI finger prick) and again negative. This past Thursday I went to a clinical facility they recommended to get my annual STD testing done and they did blood draw for hiv and syphilis though I told them I had been tested multiple times in the past yr and have been with just my husband and he has been with just me as well. And like there's a lady in the article that the SA Hiv aids foundation posted about a woman named Janeli Saucedo when she got her StD annual done her blood draw came back positive for Hiv ( but she was dating an Hiv positive man and married him and were using condoms but one of then broke etc. You'd have to read the article) after multiple tests as well and so now I'm terrified mine will come back positive too, though I had that a Blood draw done at the facitlity in Dec of 2016 after that guy i had been with from june 2016 to mid oct 2016 which came back negative as well as all these other tests (the INSTI finger pricks) i have taken in the past year came back negative. Should I be worried?? Are the tests at the facility not accurate??? Please help. I need some peace of mind. Thank you.

I read your whole post

you should NOT BE WORRIED!!!

You are going to test negative

I'm 100% sure

stop worrying!

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

My husband and I are also trying to conceive and I have a few pinching pains during my ovulation is that normal?? I was tested in July of 2016 of all Stds came out negative and I have had no abnormal discharge.We had sex a few weeks ago and I don't think I took a thorough shower that night therefore the next day I had a yeast infection and musky odor. But it went away within a day or two tops. Though i had some lingering vaginal ithcing so i used monistat (the 3 day one) and I usually every other month or so get a yeast infection before my period. Could the yeast infections be due to bacterial vaginosis? I also hear that, that yeast infections before periods are sometimes normal. Should I be worried? Are these symptoms associated with Stds or HIV? My husband has also been tested for stds and hiv and he came back negative. When i got tested this past thuradsy they made me swab for trichnomiasis and bv and yeast infection. And all they said was that my white blood cells were abnormal. They drew my blood for chlamydia, gonorrhea and hiv and syphilis ( which I was tested for with hiv at the SA aids foundation the past 4 times in the past year and a few months.

Yes, that is normal

I'm not worried about any of those symptoms

totally normal

What does it mean when they say abnormal white blood cells??

in what?

When they swabbed my vagina for trichnomiasis, BV and yeast infection.

Ok. that just means there could be some type of infection

probably BV or yeast

everything is good? None of these symptoms are related to stds or hiv?? The INSTI HIV1/HIV2 antibody test that I have taken 3 times in the past year plus the blood draw in Dec 2016. I shouldn't worry??? Are those tests accurate?

Everything is good!

you don't have HIV and don't worry!

But do you or have you heard of the INSTI HIV1/HIV2 Antibody TESTS? How accurate are they?? Also about 1 week and a hald i was going pee for quite a bit to or had a frequent urge to pee as well but no burning sensations whatsoever. And again no abnormal discharge. Any association to ghonrreha or chlamydia??? I took those Azo strip tests for uti but came back negative.Also thank you a million for taking the time talking to me. It is greatly appreciated and will definitely rate you at a 5 no doubt.

Yes, i have

they are pretty accurate and several negatives increase the chances

Also about 1 week and a half i was going pee for quite a bit to or had a frequent urge to pee as well but no burning sensations whatsoever. And again no abnormal discharge. Any association to ghonrreha or chlamydia??? I took those Azo strip tests for uti but came back negative.
I promise last question of the night I will stop asking!!

No problem :)

that is nothing to worry about

sounds like anxiety related

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)