HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Having sex with a girl on her period raises the chances of…

Customer Question
having sex with a girl...
having sex with a girl on her period raises the chances of contracting hiv if she has hiv?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
1/5/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD) replied 7 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Yes, it does.

more exposure to blood means more HIV risk

is this helpful?

reason I'm asking is because I have protected sex with a girl and she was on her period. I don't know her status. but after we finished and I cleaned up, I saw blood on my penis head. the condom didn't seemed to have ripped but I didn't inspected thoroughly before disposing it. so I'm trying to figure out how the blood got to my penis head. I would think that a ripped condom is very noticeable but it looked fine when I took it off.

You could have had some on your hand and touched your penis

that is possible

I would get checked to be sure

but I doubt you were infected

no I didn't have any on my hands. I'm very careful taking the condom out and I used a clean paper towel to take of the condom and I used another to clean my self and to my surprise, there was blood on my penis head and a drop of red water seemed to be on the penis hole. I urinated but didn't see any red. I'm stressed because the condom didn't look ripped. are ripped condoms noticeable or are there times where they have small holes not noticeable?

ripped condoms are generally very very noticeable