HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Today I have an important question about HIV transmission.

Customer Question
Hi doctor. Today I have...
Hi doctor. Today I have an important question about HIV transmission. Because today I had to do a lot of activities so I forgot to wash my hand carefully, therefore I touch my hand into my acnes and it seemed like that my acnes have a very little blood on them but I am not sure if it is a fresh or dry blood. Along with this, I remembered that I touched plastic trash bag and other surfaces without knowing their status or condition. So is it possible for me to be positive with HIV infection?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
1/2/2018
HIV and AIDS Expert: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified physician with 15 years of clinical experience and I am happy to help you. From what you have described, no, it is not possible for you to contract HIV. Even if you touched plastic trash bags and/or other surfaces and mingled that with some blood from you acne. HIV requires a substantial amount of body fluid exchange to infect.
Can I help you with anything else today?