HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

What is the probability of contracting HIV from oral sex…

Customer Question
What is the probability of...
What is the probability of contracting HIV from oral sex when you do not the partner well!
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
12/14/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually, the probability of contracting HIV via oral sexual intercourse is EXTREMELY low, in fact, the risk is so low that the CDC does NOT put even a number on the risk. To date, there has NOT been a single recorded incident of HIV being transmitted via oral sexual intercourse.

So basically what this means that the risk of transmission is very very very very low and in all practical terms we do NOT consider oral intercourse (in which you have not been exposed to open bleeding wound in the other person mouth or have an open bleeding wound in your mouth) as being a actual risk factor for HIV transmission.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/