HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I tested negative at eight weeks for HIV is this enough to…

Customer Question
I tested negative at eight...
I tested negative at eight weeks for HIV is this long enough to know if I contracted HIV from this encounter?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
12/10/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. David, Other replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you tell me more about this encounter?

was it unprotected vaginal sex?

what type of HIV test did you have at 8 weeks?

there are several types of HIV tests.

It was oral sex to him. It was a hospital blood test. Not sure which one

oral sex has a 1 in 10,000 chance of you contracting HIV if he had HIV.

the chances are very very small.

I would consider you being HIV negative.

if you get more HIV testing, I bet you will be negative.

let me know if you have questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have other questions?

at eight weeks you would consider me negative?

yes, at 8 weeks, I would consider you as negative giving your exposure event and such low risk with your exposure event.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

you don't think I have HIV?

no, I don't think you have HIV.