HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Sorry, here I am again :( I am staying in a hotel where

Customer Question
Dear DoctorSorry, here I am...
Dear DoctorSorry, here I am again :(I am staying in a hotel where towels were changed and folded. About 3 hours after the towels where changed, I used one of them after the shower. As I wiped my face, I could see a red tiny dot on the towel. It was bright red. I wiped my eyes and pimples on my face with it beforehand.
My question is this:
Is there a risk for HIV and HEP C ? (i am immuned to B)
Would after 3 hours HIV be still infecting considering the towels were folded, so maybe the dot was in the folded part with not much air hitting it. Thank you
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Both, HIV and Hepatitis C virus would die on the cloth as blood dries within minutues.

There is no risk of transmission thus with this mode.

Please do not worry at all.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 7 months ago

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.