HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I️ tested negative when I️ was pregnant with my daughter 6…

Customer Question
I️ tested negative when...

I️ tested negative when I️ was pregnant with my daughter 6 years ago. I️ have only been with my husband for the past 12 years. All of the sudden I️ have this sudden feeling something is horribly wrong with me and can’t stop thinking I️ have aids. I️ took an oraquick test and it was negative. Am I️ being ridiculous? I️ have no symptoms , except a persistent yeast infection. Can I️ stop worrying myself to death ?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

No

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

I️ did have Stephens Johnson’s syndrome when I️ was in high school and ever since then I️ have been allergic to a lot of medicine.
No phone call please

I understand that you have been with your husband since last 12 years and have been tested negative at time of pregnancy.

Please be relaxed and stop worrying. You don't have HIV or any other serious issue.

No need to worry at all.

Chronic and recurrent vaginal yeast infection can be due to hormonal imbalance.

Low estrogen levels is the most common cause for such chronic yeast infection.

You can take probiotics, daily food sources or pill form to allow the vaginal flora to restore.

Your doctor can also add vaginal estrogen. Estrogen levels can deplete causing thinning of the vaginal walls and the pH to go up in the vagina. This makes it easier for yeast and other improper organisms to take hold and cause trouble. Vaginal estrogen will keep the tissue healthy and lower the pH.

Also, topical estrogen would help the tissue heal better. The dosage is 1 gm inserted vaginally for 7-14 days, then twice weekly.

Please stop worrying and don't think for HIV. You don't have such infection.

As a Physician, I am confident, that you don't have HIV.

You can see your gynecologist for management of this issue.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh