HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I was helping the plumber at work throw away an old toilet…

I was helping the plumber...
I was helping the plumber at work throw away an old toilet and the dirty water splashed me and hit my legs, hands (which had cuts), and my lips and maybe inside my mouth. What am I at risk of getting? HIV? Hepititis? Ecoli?
11/5/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

mostly just fecal oral bugs

like e coli and hepatitis A

was it an old toilet?

Wasn't used for a few days. Maybe a week. I had my hep. A and b vaccines. Two hep A vaccines, 2012 and 2015. Hep b vaccines 1 in 1995 and 2 in 1996. I'm 22 now.

Ok. when were you exposed?

Today
The toilet was out for a week i think, or two. I'm bad at keeping track of time

What I'm about to tell you is gross.

In your day to day life you put more fecal particles in your mouth than this

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Yeah that is gross! Ha.
Does my vaccines protect me from hep. A and B?
Do I have anything to worry about?
It's been a while for hep. B. Does it last for 21 years? And hep. A was 2015

yes, your vaccine does

Nothing you can do now

you might get a stomach bug but I doubt it

I won't get hep. A or B?

no you will not

you are protected

the only thing I am at risk for is maybe getting a stomach bug?

correct

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)