HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I had an oral sex exposure ..a girl at a massage parlour…

Customer Question
I had an oral...

I had an oral sex exposure ..a girl at a massage parlour gave me a bj

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Very good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope all good

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
9/24/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

HIV is not secreted in saliva so the chances of contracting HIV from such type of exposure are almoost zero. The only chance of getting an HIV this way could be if she had a break in oral mucosal membrane such as a mouth ulcer, bleeding gums or other oral lesions.

Even with that the risk would be close to zero.

hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Please do remember to reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars on screen.

I wish you all the best.

Stay blessed

do I need testing ... I got a HIV duo test after 5 weeks and rna pcr test at the same time..both are negative..should I put this behind me

Yes for sure, no risk in such type of exposure. A negative test at 4weeks is 95% accurate ruling out HIV

Hope it was useful

I wish you all the best.

Stay blessed

I hope you are great. Its to remind you to reward credit for the consult the other day. You can do that by clicking 5 stars in the rating corner.

Highly appreciated.

Kind regards