HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Can I get hiv from fingering a woman and had a small cut on…

Customer Question
Can I get hiv...

Can I get hiv from fingering a woman and had a small cut on my knuckle

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent changes to your skin? Do you have frequent infections?

No, this was just yesterday so no changes. It has nearly herald but not properly yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, but I also kissed open mouth and have an ulcer on my roof of my mouth

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
9/15/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Medicaldoctor, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Medicaldoctor

Hello and welcome to justanswer,I shall be consulting you today.

If the cut was healed and had no bleeding then there is nothing to be worried at all.

Do you have an active mouth ulcer?does it bleed?

If there is no active bleed from that ulcer then you should not be worried at all because HIV can not be transmitted through saliva but if there was a slight bleed even in that case the risk of having HIV is very very low or almost none

So in my opinion you should not be worried at all and you do not even need any screening tests for this exposure.

I hope this helps

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Regards

If done for now please do leave a positive 5 star rating by clicking on the stars on top left of this thread.You can ask any follow up questions even after rating this positively.

Thank you

Regards