HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I had an unusual question. I popped a pimple using a safety…

Customer Question
I had an unusual question. I...
I had an unusual question.
I popped a pimple using a safety pin at my house. I am not sure where it came from or how long it will as in my house. And after I did, I suddenly got paranoid about hiv. Is it possible to get hiv in this scenario? Because I am not really sure since when it was in in my house. It was probably from a new shirt that j got a while ago. But not sure. Is there a risk of hiv here ?
Please answer. Thanks.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
8/5/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions including HIV infections too, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you are concerned about possibility of contracting hiv after using the safety pin as mentioned above. As a neurologist I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

I see you have popped a pimple with a safety pin which was present at your house and you are now concerned whether you may have contract hiv during this incident

Please see you cannot contract hiv during these type of incidents

First of all it is unlikely the pin contained any blood on it, but even if there was any blood on it but this virus cannot survive outside human body and it dies very rapidly once it is outside the body, and does not survive on inanimate objects as the pin you mentioned above.

Due to this reason you cannot contract hiv during these types of incidents

Once again I can very confidently & very strongly reassure you, there is certainly no possibility of contracting hiv during the above incident you have mentioned above and you are fully safe, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, as discussed earlier too there is certainly no fear of getting infected with hiv with the above mentioned type of incidents, so please not to worry about hiv. You are truly safe!

And please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.

If you have any additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)