HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Can you get hiv from a pin at a shopping mall changing

Customer Question
Can you get hiv from...
Can you get hiv from a pin prick at a shopping mall changing room.? I am not sure if there was blood on it before it pricked my hand
Please help.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions including HIV infections too, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I have just now answered another question for you. As a neurologist I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Please see you cannot contract hiv infection through getting pricked by inanimate objects like pins - as I have mentioned this in my answer to your another question too Re: safety pin prick

The hiv does not survive outside the body. Once it comes out of the human body it dies very rapidly so if you get pricked with a pin at home or outside at a mall etc it is unlikely to transmit hiv to you

So even if blood was present on these pins you are unlikely to get infected with hiv during these type of incidents – for the reason mentioned above

Once again I can very confidently and very strongly reassure you, it is certainly very unlikely you have contracted hiv during these types of pin pricks you have mentioned above and you are fully safe, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, as discussed earlier too there is certainly no fear of getting infected with hiv with the above mentioned type of incidents, so please not to worry about hiv. You are truly safe!

And please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you.

If you have any additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)