HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I have a question about a pimple on my chest. I have a photo…

Customer Question
Hello. I have a question...
Hello. I have a question about a pimple on my chest. I have a photo of it as well. I was just paranoid that it might be due to herpes. And the white scab that you see on the pimple, had a light amount of white pus in it when peeled it. And hence the white scab there. I have read that herpes occurs in clusters. But this is just one.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
8/1/2017
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

This does not look like herpes. It looks like it is a superficial bacterial infection of the skin, which is why there is the white pus.

A skin infection may respond to application of an over the counter anti-bacterial topical medicine, such as Neosporin. But skin infections frequently require oral antibiotics, such as cephalexin, which would require seeing a doctor, since there is no antibiotic available over the counter. You can try the over the counter topical medicine, but if that is not sufficient, then you would need to see your doctor.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.