DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Internal Medicine Physician
55099014

While on truvada an Gravir me an a friend had sex an his

Customer Question

While on truvada an Gravir me an a friend had sex an his condom broke by the time he were ejaculation an some of his semen got inside of me? So if he was to have HIV will I be infected with HIV now?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Was his viral load down to zero?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't no. Because he didn't tell me..

If he was on ART then you should be fine

If his viral load was zero you are ok.

Is this helpful?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He's not the one who taking the medicine it's me who taken the medicine..an I been on it for 8days before this happen.an I wanted to know is it possible that if he was to have HIV will I be infected with it now even the I been taking truvada an Gravir at the same time an the same day that the condom broke an I'm still taken the medicine now? He wouldn't tell me anything..im just worried an scared an can't stop crying... I just want to know is I'm at risk on having it?

Oh ok. It is very unlikely you would be infected in this case

but you need to see a doctor and get on proper PEP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thank you.

welcome :)

Thanks for this questionI strive for 5 star service for all customersLet me know if you have more questions.