How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask imdr06 Your Own Question
imdr06, Doctor (MD/DO)
Category: HIV and AIDS
Satisfied Customers: 578
Experience:  I am a certified HIV Specialist/Physician as well as board-certified Internist. I have a large HIV practice.
Type Your HIV and AIDS Question Here...
imdr06 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a regular health check recently and the results have

Customer Question

Hello, I had a regular sexual health check recently and the results have come back identifying "HIV 1/2 antigen antibody and the specimen has been forwarded to the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory for further testing. What does this mean? My GP has retired suddenly and I don't know what to do. I am distraught...Ria
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  skindoctor2000 replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I am Dr Pravin and I would pleased to answer your query.

Do you have a snap shot of the test results ?

Do you have a history of high risk exposure ?