HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I have a question how do I know I have oral herpes? I went

Customer Question
I have a question how...
I have a question how do I know I have oral herpes ? I went to the doctor he checked because I had swollen tonsils he said it was an infection but after some drugs it went away later it's back no sore on my lips or Tongue just on my throat is that herpes ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. David, Other replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Other

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I looked at your photo

that is not herpes.

those are tonsilar crypts .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello doctor
I hand shaked someone today later on after few seconds I put the hand in my mouth bitting my nails and bitting some skin of it have I contacted hiv?? If there was blood or semen have I contacted hiv?

no, you don't have to worry about HIV.

you can't contract HIV this way

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks doctor I'm so scared of diseases and virus so u are saying even tho there was visible blood and I put it in my mouth after shaking the person without my knowledge I can't get hiv?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am asking this because I have cuts in my mouth
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also a little cut on my hand no bleeding tho

you can't get HIV, even if you have cuts in your mouth.

you are letting your anxiety get out of control here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
An antibody test at 4 weeks will detect 95% of infections.??? Pls doctor what does this mean

an HIV antibody tests at 4 weeks will detect about 90% of all HIV infections if you have it.

Dr. David, Other