HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I recieved oral from a with chaffed skin on my penis 1 month

Customer Question
I recieved oral from a...
I recieved oral from a prostitute with chaffed skin on my penis 1 month 1/2 ago, I've been to many Drs and had some bumps swabbed that came back negative and got full std panel that showed I had an NGU that's all, I haven't had any blisters on my penis just some single little cysts with white puss in them the dr said they aren't herpes , but I'm gonna insert a picture I took about two weeks after the encounter on my thigh it's really scaring me it really looks like herpes, the girl had no active sores during the time and had none when I saw her a week later , because I asked her to meet me to see if she'd ever had a cold sore and she said no but she has a sibling who does , I'm really afraid I'm getting a blood test at the end of the month. Please look at this picture :( I've also had a lot of jumping nerves and stuff in my legs
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
10/9/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Can you upload a picture of the lesions?

Have they changed at all since you first noticed them
Do you have any other symptoms?

What blood test do you have scheduled for the end of the month?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I included the photo
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have twitching muscles in thighs , and stress and anxiety and every time I go to the er in fear they tell me I have folliculitus, and give me antibiotic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They didn't hurt I didn't even know they were there, they looked like pimples at first then had dry skin?

Thank you for that additional information and the picture.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I've decided to go ahead to the dr in the morning again but what do you think doc? How likely
Is it if she had no active symptoms , ?

Those look like Molluscum contagiosum. It does not look like herpes in the picture.

Here is an excellent article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/molluscum-contagiosum/basics/definition/con-20026391

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well ok I'll tip and all, so why doesn't it look like herpes and if she had no symptoms how likely is it? My dr said not likely , but I know about viral shedding, and I had the chaffed skin on penis so it's ahold chance :/

That is not what herpes looks like.......

I agree with your MD: It is very unlikely from what you have posted, including your picture, that you caught herpes. Herpes does not need a break in the skin to infect you so the chaffing of your penile skin doesn't really figure into your risk.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD