HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I performed oral sex on a guy of whom I don't know his std status! Although he didn't in my mouth, I'm not sure about...

Customer Question
I performed oral sex on...
I performed oral sex on a guy of whom I don't know his std status! Although he didn't cum in my mouth, I'm not sure about the precum. As soon as I though precum was in my mouth I'm immediately rinsed out with Scope and warm water. Do I need to start a pep treatment? I am worried! Am I at risk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
6/15/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: DoctorAnil, Doctor replied 1 year ago
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

I understand your concern.

HIV has roughly a 0.001% chance or lower of being transmitted via oral sex.
Theoretically it is possible but very difficult to do.

You shouldn't worry about HIV and there is no need for PEP.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What if the guy does have HIV? I'm not sure what he has and I am so paranoid. Are you sure I don't need to inquire about PEP before its to late?

For oral sex when a man who is known to be HIV positive has ejaculated into your mouth,than only PEP would be considered.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its best I go to ER since I don't know his status. Like I said, he didn't cum in my mouth it's just a chance of precum. Im not sure how worried I should be???? I'm afraid.... And alone. Is there an AIDS hotline???

I understand your worry.

I really want to assure you firstly that the risk of HIV via oral sex is very low, but is not zero. The estimated average risk of transmission to the male that receives unprotected oral sex from an HIV positive partner is about 0.005%, which also means that 99.995% of men do not contract HIV. If the partner is of unknown HIV status, the overall risk would be even less.

And he didn't cum in your mouth and even with precum chances are still low.

If you are still worrying then visit ER.

Otherwise you are fine.

Please let me know if you have any questions, otherwise please click ACCEPT! Thank you!
It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Best Wishes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want to hold you up bu I think that you misunderstood what I was saying! I was the one performing oral sex on another guy and his status is unknown. He was the receiver. If I received oral sex then I wouldn't be worried but I performed it.

Please allow me just a few minutes, thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was I out of questions?

I still assure you that chances of HIV from performing oral sex are less.

The virus would not have lived in saliva. Saliva as such contains anti microbial substances.

Hope this helps.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your response.

May I help you further if you have any further query?

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your response.

I am hereby providing a chart for risk factor for your reference.

As per the chart your risk factor is zero.

You should not worry at all.

Kindly stay calm and forget this episode and move on.You are totally safe.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Waiting for your response.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor