HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I am a male I had protected oral sex only with another

Customer Question
male...his penis was in my...
I am a male I had protected oral sex only with another male...his penis was in my mouth and throat as there was deep oral sex and some amount if friction...I'm worried that the cindom may have torn due to friction I don't remember if it did...he did not ejaculate in my mouth and did so aftr we finished ...I'm very scared that his precum might have rubbed against my mucous membrane know mouth or throat....Plz help.....hiv risk?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
5/13/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Welcome back to justanswer.com

As Oral sex was protected, so there is no chances of getting HIV.

You would not get HIV by this incident. You are pretty safe.

The risk of hiv transmission through oral sex is estimated to be approximately 0.04 per cent per contact, at times of unprotected sex.

Condom doesn't get torn easily.

In your case, as it was protected, so chances of getting HIV are very very slim.

I would not be worried. You are safe.

Please don't worry.

I hope this helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks dr if u remember I had asked u this yesterday also...however I had spoken to done other expert on another website and see saud to get tested as there us 2 percent chanice...I trust yr advice since u r expert in this field but just had a doubt do I need a test ...??I am very worried and haven't been able to focus on my job also mm this was my first exposure ever and I have decided not to indulge in any sexual activities ever with a male or female ...is there any risk or need for naat or any testing...?I am very worried. Request u If u could explain me in detail the risk of his precum rubbed against my mucous membrane since it was deep and rough oral in mouth and throat...plz help...my mouth also has pain and was sore for half an hour after the act ....is the 0.04 percent with ejaculation or without ?has there been a hiv case from protected oral due to xondom failure ???I'm a virgin male and have had no other exposure so ever besides kissing.

Dear,

To be honest, there are chances of 0.04 percent per contact, when ejaculation has occurred inside mouth

( without condom).

In your case, as condom was present, and ejaculation didn't happened in mouth, So you are very much safe.

I don't think need for any tests at this time. You can relax at home.

It is normal to have slight pain after deep oral sex, due to irritation.

As such, there has been not a single case of HIV during Oral sex, with condom failure.

Please don't panic. I can assure you that you don't have HIV.

Please relax at home, and avoid searching this condition on Google. You may get confusing results.

Please don't worry.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks dr for ur assurances ....so no antibody testing also required??since I'm a bisexual male how do I keep myself safe in the future ??I have never indulged in anal or vaginal sex .this was the first time I had done oral sex.....and on Google some websites say no risk some say 5 percent some even 10 ...that's y I get worried....so no testing at all required??

Dear,

In your case, with safe oral sex, no tests are required. You are pretty safe and healthy.

Please never get involve with unprotected Anal and Vaginal sex with unknown partners.

You can continue with Protected Oral sex.

Please stop searching on Google. I would not be worried for any tests.

I am sure you don't have HIV. Please relax at home.

God bless you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THANKS ONCE AGAIN DR..JUST WANTED TO KNOW ASSUMING ORE CUM RUBS WITH THE MUCOUS OF MOUTH OR THROAT IS THERE ANY CHANCE OF HIV...JUST THINKING OF THE WORST SCENARIO..

Dear,

Please don't think for worst.

You would not get HIV from that incident. Please clear your mind and try to relax.

You don't have HIV from that incident. You can easily rest at home. No need of any tests.

God bless you and take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THANKS DR FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS VERY PATIENTLY.I THINK THE ONLY WAY I CN FRGT IS IF I JUST TEST...HOW LONG DO I NEED TO WAOT YO TEST WITH THE FOURTH GENERATION TETS?

Dear,

The window period for a 4th generation antigen/antibody test is four weeks. At this time this test will detect 95% of infections.

Antibody testing at 4 weeks can give you a good indication of HIV status, but one may need a test at 12 weeks after the exposure to be considered HIV negative.

You should get tested after 4 weeks.

I again say, There is no need for tests. It would only make you relax.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you so much dr for your help.really appreciate.

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi dr,sry to bother u again but i just read that people have been infected with oral sex even when no ejaculation occured...due to the pre cum...plz help

Dear,

Please stop reading on internet. Many of the stuff on internet is written by un-professionals, This would only add to your confusion.

It would not help you out.

As your partner has worn condom, so i would not be worried.

Please don't worry for HIV. You should relax at home.

Take care.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks dr...i just wanted an opinion from Dr Love too,i contacted the customer support team and they said that u would be able to add him ...thanks again

Dr Love is not online at this time, I am forwarding this question to him, So that when he comes online, he would be able to reply.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank u so much Dr Josh ...u have been really very helpful

Dear,

Most Welcome

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could u plz tellme as to wen Dr Love would be able to give his opinion?

Dear,

You may have to wait for another 2-3 hours.

I will send him message as soon as he comes Online.

Please have some more patience.

Thanks

HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello. Are you there?

I am sorry for the delay.

The risk of HIV in this situation is extremely low, and I would estimate the risk lower than the other expert, probably less than 0.001%.

The current recommendations are that testing is not necessary after each episode of such an encounter. However, if you want the reassurance of testing, then the schedule for testing would be a fourth generation test at 4 weeks and again at 12 weeks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Dr FOR UR RESPONSE...just wanted to know as you know i spoke to u last time of the firsy exposure which invloved kissing and frottage with a male who was later confirmed hiv positive,however there was no intercourse...u said that was no risk and now this recent incident which involved giving oral sex to a male of unkown status...it was pritected but im woriied it might hv torn..it was deethroat oral ..with friction howver there was no ejaculation or any other form of intercourse...do i need to worry even a bit over this incident and would u personally recoomend any testing after both these incidents....i hv a cold since 2 days and im worried it might be ars...request ur view on this plz...thanks again..im really worried and hv decided nt

No one can tell you whether you should worry, as each person has their own level of acceptable risk. I can tell you my estimation of risk and then you need to decide whether you consider that to be worrisome. I can tell you that virtually everyone does not consider this level of risk worrisome, but you need to make your own decision.

I can also tell you that if you are worried about this level of risk, then the only action that would not be worrisome would be complete abstinence until you are in a committed mutually monogamous relationship.

I routinely do not recommend testing after such an encounter, but am willing to do testing if someone is anxious about an encounter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks dr..could u tellme if there have been any cases where hiv has passed on through protected oral sex ...without ejaculation..if yes would they be a few or negligible numbers ...thanks again....this has been my only exposure till date besides the kissing and frottage which u said was no risk the last time ....I have a cold since 2 days...could that be ars??

How long has it been since this encounter?

What symptoms are you having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ABOUT 6 days max...just a cold and vry vry slight itchy throat

There are cases of HIV transmission via oral sex without ejaculation. The reports are more often on encounters that were unprotected, but condoms have not been shown to offer 100% protection in any other encounter, so there is no reason to think that it would do so in this type of encounter.

This cannot be ARS. It is far too soon.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks again Dr,i tested 22 days after the frst incident that involvedkissing and frottage(basically evrything except any form of intercourse) which i discussed earlier with u,and u said it was no risk even when that person had hiv since there was no intercourse..however i did the 4th gen test at 22 days after that incident and it was negative...is that conclusive regarding that incident?...im just oaranoid bcoz i have to test again oiver this incident of oral sex...there have never been any other exposures besides these in my entire life..

An HIV test at 22 days is not conclusive, but an encounter that did not include any penetrative sex is conclusive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks dr as i mentioned to u earlier these were d only 2 exposures in my life ..hthe frt which was non pentrative but the man had hiv...and the second this oral sex incident...do i need testing based on my situation??i have decided complete abstainence henceforth

I answered that above.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor