HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I'm a 24 year old female and 3 weeks ago I had unprotected

Customer Question
Hi, I'm a 24 year...
Hi, I'm a 24 year old female virgin and 3 weeks ago I had unprotected frottage and attempted intercourse with my partner of 2 months. I asked him to wear a condom but a few minutes into it he took it off. He repeatedly tried to insert himself in my vagina and anus but it was too painful and I stopped him. After the incident I felt burning when I urinated but thought the pain was from attempted intercourse, however recently I found out he cheated on me and have been anxious about catching STIs since. I did 2 tests for UTI, HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis and they all came back negative. The burning subsided but returned very strong again. I have no itching, no bloody discharge, no strange smell and no thick discharge. I just feel a constant burning sensation. I was inspecting myself tonight and found a skin tag hanging from my urethra. It is skin colored and painless to touch and I'm extremely anxious it's genital warts. I don't know what to do and what STIs I'm susceptible to. I'm terrified I might have caught HIV from him. What is the likelihood I have caught something from him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
4/17/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. SH, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

Since there was no penetration, even though that he tried, there was no exchange of body fluids, so the chances are getting any sexually transmitted disease is very low.

I would, however, recommend that you should be tested again at six weeks just to put your mind to ease but I am pretty sure that your tests would come back clean.

Burning when passing urine is something that happens very commonly in females and is due to a urine infection.

I would recommend that you should have a urine test if you have not had that done already to diagnose and treat a urine infection if you do turn out to have one.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He used a lot of lubricant and used his saliva as lubricant as well. Is the likelihood of STI/HIV still low?

Yes saliva contains a very low concentration of HIV even if your partner was HIV positive.

The chances of HIV transmission is extremely low with oral sex in any case.

Other STIs are also less commonly transmitted via oral sex.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Kindest regards

This session is open for any number of further questions.

I would appreciate it if you rate me as that is the only way I am credited on here.

Regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)