HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I had sex a year ago. 5 days later noticed sores on my penis

Customer Question
when I pulled my skin...
I had sex a year ago. 5 days later noticed sores on my penis when I pulled my skin back (uncircumcised ) swollen lymph nodes by my genitals. I went to doctor he looked n said it can be herpes. I took a shot n some pills. Never seen it again. Year later Got gonnerea from a girl and noticed one small sore. Got treated and it was gone. 6 months later was masturbating with aveeno shampoo and next day 3 sores appeared and went away. But leaves scars. What's is this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
3/27/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Genital herpes may break out in painful sores that clear up usually in about a week. It sounds that you may have genital herpes. The outbreaks may be spontaneous ( similar to a cold sore = same family of virus)

You may have benefit to have an active prescription for an antiviral such as VALTREX twice a day for 5 days --- helps an outbreak to clear faster ...

Ask your doctor for an Rx I recommend...

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's not painful sores. It's like 3 small blisters. None came in the same spot and none were painful

Hello again,

You would usually have progression of bumps to blisters to ulcers if this should be herpes. Best to have it examined while active to get DIAGNOSIS. You are welcome to post picture on page of skin lesions... That may help....the history for the most part sounds consistent with POSSIBLE herpes but true that is usually sore so it raises more question as to if that is true culprit ....

As I said pics may help...

Let me know if you have anything further ...

Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They weren't puss filled or oozing. Jus red dots

Oh probably just Fordyce spots here...

Blocked glands...

They will clear in time...

Not infection...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I was thinking because it's not in clusters just 2 spots

Right >> so I think that you are fine ..

Here's a reference on Fordyce spots too...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/256918.php

I hope that this is helpful.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But wat about they symptoms from a year ago

The symptoms a year ago may have been something different --

I don't have a way to really assess that ...

You had examined and doctor thought herpes then ??

Or was it very much the same as now ??

How did that present ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was a few sores medium sized. I remember having sex and the girl was dry like dessert dry. I got up washed off and 4 days later seen them. Swollen lymph nodes and sores. No pain wen I peed. Doctor looked and said looks like herpes but he wasn't for sure. To a shot in butt and some std cocktail and never had swollen lmph nodes or a cluster of sores. Always peed fine

Hello again,

Ok it sounds that your antibiotic cocktail would have been to cover gonorrhea and chlamydia ...oral ANTI-VIRAL might have been to cover herpes too... Swollen lymph nodes along with that past episode does sound more of an STD picture....

Let me know if you have further questions or discussion

I will be happy to get back with you

Best regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea I'm guessing that but It never happened like that again. Only wat I showed

Hello again,

Right if you had in past chlamydia or gonorrhea then treatment would have knocked that out and taken care of that..

If herpes then that can recur but your current picture DOES NOT look consistent with that..

So it loks to me that you have nothing really to worry about now at this time!

I hope that this is helpful !

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Please remember to leave positive feedback on this thread.

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor