HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

In march last year 2015, I had a very brief insertive

Customer Question
Hi In march last year 2015...
Hi
In march last year 2015, I had a very brief sexual insertive encounter with an unknown status masseuse and after 11 weeks after the encounter i noticed few red spots on my arm and decided to get tested for syphillis and the result came negative. Then got tested for hiv at 4, 11, 12 weeks and 6months and all negative. I got tested few months ago and diagnosed with slightly elevated tsh (thyroid) levels and taking treatment for that. Till today i still have the red or white spots on my arm on and off which is making me worried and terrified. Doctors have said my hiv tests are conclusive however Are my results conclusive that i dont have syphillis?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
1/29/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. SH, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

You do not have HIV or syphilis.

Your tests are conclusive.

I think that it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.

The few red spots that you are having can happen due a number of other causes and I would recommend that you should see a skin doctor for these spots just to confirm the diagnosis.

If the skin doctor (dermatologist) is not sure he/she will do a skin biopsy to confirm the diagnosis, but I am sure this is not related to HIV or syphilis because if it were you would have known it already.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you doctor for the reassurance. So the 11 weeks syphillis test is conclusive? and these skin problems could be related to elevated tsh thyroid? Even i noticed one small white spot on my penis ( 9month) after the encounter- any relation? I cannot sleep at night and constantly vomitting from shaking and anxiety.

I am pretty sure it is your anxiety that is getting the better of you.

Skin problems, like the one that you mentioned, are very common in any person.

So I would not related them to either HIV or syphilis particularly since these tests were conclusively negative at the times that you had been tested for them.

I think that you should be on something for your anxiety, something like lexapro and also something like alprazolam for panic attacks or severe anxiety off and on.

So I would recommend that you be seen by a psychiatrist.

You certainly do need help calming your nerves.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options as that is the only way I am credited on here.

Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)