HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

I was cut accidentally by a scissors i bought in cvs a few…

Customer Question
i was cut accidentally by...
i was cut accidentally by a scissors i bought in cvs a few month ago and i bled any hiv hep b,c risk
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
1/24/2016
HIV and AIDS Expert: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

You have no risk of HIV, HEP B, or HEP C from the cut from the scissors. There is no danger to you at all in this circumstance . You would not expect risk from the clean unused instrument PLUS it has been in your possession for a few months ....

These circumstances make it impossible for this incident to give you HIV or hepatitis ....

I hope that this is helpful.

Let me know if you have remaining doubt or concern.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD