How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Other
Category: HIV and AIDS
Satisfied Customers: 46391
Experience:  Experienced physician
Type Your HIV and AIDS Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a rash around my genital area. I went to go get tested

Customer Question

I got a rash around my genital area. I went to go get tested for std's and came back negative on herpes, syphilis, and hiv.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

is the rash itchy? the most common type of itchy rash around the genitals is from a fungal infection, also called jock itch or tinea cruris

fungus like to grow in warm, most, dark areas of the skin.

if you have excessive sweating or moisture in the groin area, this can lead to jock itch.

antifungal powders and sprays can help clear up groin fungal infections.

it doesn't sound like this rash is due to a sexually transmitted disease.

did you show your rash to a doctor? do you want to upload a photo of the rash here so I can help look at it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it is jock itch or some fungal infection how can I cure it. Do I need antibiotics or is there any over the counter treatments?.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you need to use antifungal powders and sprays to clear up jock itch.

there are some over the counter antifungal powders

what is better is prescription powders from your doctor like Nystatin powder.

there are over the counter Lamasil or Tinactin sprays and powders which can fight fungus

they are available at the drug store

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using