How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Kala Your Own Question
Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, Doctor
Category: HIV and AIDS
Satisfied Customers: 4463
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 yr experience: primary care, OBGYN & women's health care.
Type Your HIV and AIDS Question Here...
Dr. Kala is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Monica, I am really freaking out and panicking about an

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Monica, I am really freaking out and panicking about an encounter I had with a girl I don't know much about. I had protected sex for a few minutes but she gave unprotected oral to penis and brief oral to anal. Am I at high risk of catching anything? I heard the most common Sti's you can get from oral are gonnorrhea, chlaymdia, herpes and syhpallis? And when is the earliest I can get myself checked out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern, as it appears Dr Monica is away.

It is great that you had protected penile-vaginal sex, and you are right to be concerned regarding unprotected oral sex. You should know that any activity where there is exchange of body fluids, as in oral sex, then transmission of viruses & bacteria can occur. Infection with the herpes virus can occur this way commonly. Testing for HSV should wait at least 4-6 weeks, and then be repeat at 3 months. It takes at least that long for some people's immune system to develop a response, which is what the testing detects. Getting tested early and receiving negative results may give you a false sens of security. So be sure to be tested again at 3 months.

Of course if you have any discharge, irritation or otherwise then see a provider sooner.

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this question as my goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied with your answer.

Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I see you do not have any other questions at this time. Please be sure to rate me so I will get compensated for my time

Have a great day!