Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I received unprotected oral from a csw overseas. 2 days

Customer Question

I received unprotected oral from a csw overseas. 2 days afterwards I had severe facial swelling, which lasted for approximately 3 days. I also had raised skin on my upper arms and legs, which was rash-like. There rash looked like goose bumps, but lasted for a approximately 3 days. I also had unremitting diarrhea for about a week. 2.5 to 3 weeks after my encounter, I've started to have dry skin where the rash was on my arms legs and torso. I also had dry skin on my face and ears 1-2 weeks after the encounter. I took a PCR RNA test and 4th generation antibody/antigen test at 2 weeks. They were both negative. I also took another 4th gen antibody/antigen test at 4 weeks and it was negative. I've never encounter dry, peeling skin before. I plan on taking another 4th gen test at 6, 8 and 12 weeks. I also have HSV-2, but I've never had any outbreaks or symptoms other than tingling and muscle pains. Please let me know your thoughts.
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY for you to be having HIV.

The symptoms of HIV are nonspecific, meaning, they can happen with a large number of other conditions like other viral infections, which seems the most likely cause in your case.

You do not have HIV.

The antigen and antibody test at 4 weeks is pretty accurate.

Let me know if you have more questions.

If you wish to have a live phone discussion accept the additional services offer.

Kind regards