Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I went down on a girl for only 5-10 seconds There was no

Customer Question

I went down on a girl for only 5-10 seconds There was no precum or cum n she was Dry in her vagina n i didnt lick the inside Just around the outside I read about hiv and othe stis like herpes or hiv risk some say no risk Some say very small risk Should
i be worried?
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The risk of HIV transmission by providing oral sex to a female is not zero, but it is exceedingly low. The risk is so low that the CDC is unable to estimate a numeric risk, but there are some documented cases of transmission of HIV via oral sex provided to a female. And this is for encounters that are for far longer than the 5-10 seconds that was involved in the encounter that you describe.

There is a chance of HSV transmission to the mouth if there is an active HSV sore or any shedding of the virus, but this is also a very low risk. And if there is no sore or shedding of the virus, then there would be no risk.

So, there is no reason for you to be worried about this sexual encounter.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
U havent mentioned about other risks of stis

The risk of other STIs would be theoretic, rather than realistic.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Meaning??

There is a theoretic risk to transmission of other STIs, but there has never been a real risk that has been demonstrated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
should i forget about it not get tested and move on Dr coz i am so stressed that my whole body is aching
I really want to put my mind at ease

No, since there is no reason for you to be worried, there is also no reason to be tested. If you are otherwise sexually active, then it may be appropriate to consider testing, but not because of this encounter.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No i am sexually active at all
Also the prostitute that i had this sexual encounter checked my penis thoroughly n told me she gets tested every 4 months n seemed clean
Can u please give one last fact n reassurance also how long do u have to perform oral sex to become more risky
Also i spoke to an Hiv expert in australia n told me there was no documented cases of hiv through oral sex on a women but yes for men
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I meant am not sexually active

As I said above, even with a complete encounter of oral sex to a female, which means that she achieved orgasm, the risk is so small that it cannot be calculated. The risk is even smaller with a brief encounter, but even with a full encounter, there would be no reason to be concerned.

There may not be any cases in Australia, but there has been a couple cases identified in the US.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I beg u to tell me that one more thing that will rest my mind once n for all

I do not know what could be more reassuring than the fact that there has only been a couple of cases that have ever been reported from complete encounters of oral sex on a female, and in your case, since it was a brief encounter, the risk would be even less.

What would allow you to rest your mind more than this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fact that u r telling me the risk is so small means there is a risk n thats why am abit worried

That is true. Once you decide to have sex, then you are deciding to accept the risk that is carried with that sex. In this case, you engaged in the sex act that carries the least risk, but nobody can have sex with no risk of STIs except in a lifetime mutually monogamous relationship.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In short do u believe i should about it n move on n this is my last question i promise

You definitely do not need to worry about it and can move on.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know. But if I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.