HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

How accurate are the rapid test finger

Customer Question
prick...
how accurate are the rapid test finger prick
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
7/26/2015
HIV and AIDS Expert: DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)
Thanks for this question
These are very accurate actually.
They are about 99% accurate.
I would make sure you are outside of the window for testing.
This would be about 3 months to be safe
So if used after 3 months of a possible exposure, they are 99% accurate

hello i decided to go down to the health dept and take the hiv test 3 weeks ago , i have not had any sex or any thing to do with drugs blood or people for the last 5 years . the women tested me with the rapid test finger prick and after 2 min she said it was negative clear all white clean no lines if someone had aids would it still test positive if they had the antibodies thank you

Yes, it absolutely would

so here is the thing I had somthing called lichen planuis after a very long time going from doctor to doctor . i thought it was yeast they did culture and it was negative for yeast do you know much about that

I know a little bit.

However, I would appreciate a positive rating and accepting additional services for a different topic

I will offer a very reasonable price on this

so is this different than hiv and aids and do i need to get tested again for Hiv

No, you were just tested. Why would you need tested again?

so you do think i am ok . hiv test rapid would have been positive by now if i hdd it

Yes I do. You are ok

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor (MD)