HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get answers to your HIV and AIDS questions

Last year in March I had major surgery and got a lot of

Customer Question
antibiotics oral and IV. Then...
Last year in March I had major surgery and got a lot of antibiotics oral and IV. Then I had bladder infection and got another course of antibiotics.
Developed bad genital rash (I am a male) wich I had to treat with Ketaconazole cream for a tear. Recently I developed oral and throat thrush which I am treating with nystatin swish and swallow. felt rather bad. My doctors say they do not think it is candida, but some other fungus, maybe still candida, but they do not think it is.
I read that such symptoms can indicate bad immunity,and HIV is likely. I got paranoid and took three Oral Quick home tests. All came out negative. I am paranoid and afraid to go to doctor for laboratory test. They say Oral Quick is reliable test. What do you think?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HIV and AIDS
5/19/2015
HIV and AIDS Expert: Dr. Cameron, Other replied 3 years ago
Dr. Cameron
the oraquick is a reliable test. Particularly if you took 3 of them
You are negative
I hope this helped
Please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise :-)
Is there anything else or did I provide you with excellent service?