HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

Was meant to go for hiv test on26th of december would you

hi doctor was meant to...
hi doctor was meant to go for hiv test on26th of december would you believe it got cancelled as building had been slightly wet after having burst pipe took all my courage to go after 22 years of worry had three doctors told me it would be a miracle if id been hiv for this long without treatment is this true i dont know if my gp clued up on hiv but he seems certain i wouldnt be living have had this bad throat for all these years pure dark red at back always and really sore the redness never goes away but sore throat does now got testicle pains that are regular just had camera up and waiting on results had 2 sexuall partners the first 22 years ago with a girl and my now partner the one 22 years ago was a one nite encounter unprotected sex hope my doctor was rite what he said.
1/1/2013
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

My name is***** to the unique experience that is JustAnswer. Please note that my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear. If we are online at the same time, there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough response for you.

Your physician is absolutely correct. If you had been infected with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus for 20 years without treatment, you wouldn't be here to ask this question. As HIV progresses to AIDS, one loses weight and becomes sicker and sicker with infections that most people are able to toss off with no problem, and they die of one of those infections.

While it is an excellent idea for anyone who is sexually active to get tested for STDs at least yearly unless they are in a mutually monogamous relationship, there is little chance that you've had HIV for 20 years and still lived to tell about it.

Have you seen an ENT (ear-nose-throat specialist physician) to determine what is wrong with your throat? There can be many different kinds of causes, including some not connected with the throat such as digestive problems like GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). Have you been tested to H. pylori (the bacteria responsible for ulcers and GERD)? It is a common cause of sore throat and coughing.

A urologist should be able to check out the testicular pain. Simple bacterial infections are the most common cause, and epididymitis is the most common diagnosis. This is something that is easily diagnosed and treated with antibiotics.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY button to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even though my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.

Happy New Year!

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner