TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Infectious Diseases physician with many years experience treating a broad range of infectious diseases.
13956133

Last Friday night 8/7 I had intercourse with I "working"

Last Friday night 8/7 I had intercourse with I "working" women. (I'm a male) When I was inside her it was protected sex with a condom. (Only inside her vagina for about 10 seconds) then then took condom off and ejaculated out side of her in her mouth. I have had nothing but "protected" oral sex as long ago as 3/24 of this yr. 13 weeks after 3/24 I had an HIV test and it was neg. however almost a yr. now I have been getting very slight rosey rashes throughout my body dr. says it's an allergy and to use unscented detergent, I also get body aches that my current dr. says is Fibromyalgia. Now to my current concern, Monday of this week (3 days ago) I have noticed very vague red / very light purple marks on the tip of my nose 2 of them. They are painless and do not itch. Also nasal passage is very dry and crusted all the time. Skin has become very dry espcially on ears and hands. (I've had the dry nose and ears for about 2 weeks) Also get fever sweaty sensations throughout my body, and seem to get folliculitis alot on my scalp buttocks and pubic area. My biggist concern is the purple spots on the tip of my nose. I have only had these since Monday this week, (about 2-3 days since incident) But I have never had this before, and I have been on HIV chat sites where POS people say they get this. Can you please tell me what you think, and please help? Also I think I have Genital herpes, I have never had the "classic" symptoms of lesions, but have had all other symptoms.

Hello-

If you are specifically concerned that the rash is from HIV- that seems unlikely. Your recent sexual contact is likely low risk if it was protected.

The rash on your nose sounds like either acne, folliculitis or eczema, rather than an HIV related condition.

Of course to lessen your concern, follow up testing is a good idea. But I do not think it sounds like the typical HIV rashes we see with primary infection ( a diffuse rash all over the body), with chronic infection ( a rash that is more like eczema) or KS.

As for HSV- the classic symptoms are blisters- If you have not developed grouped blisters - then the only way to diagnose it is by testing for antibodies.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.
POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I know that HIV symptoms is a very vague thing, other than rash any other acute HIV symptoms I should look out for?

Symptoms with acute infection can include fevers, rash, enlarged lymph glands, diarrhea,sore throat, sometimes meningitis or pneumonia- generally non specific.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok thanks. One more question. What about the Folliculitis? I get it alot in the pubic region, scalp and buttocks. I asked my regular dr. how / why I get this but answer was not clear. I've seemed to been getting it regularly for about a yr. Suggestions?

You should see him again.

You may be colonized with Staph and topical therapies may help to "decolonize" you , if you keep getting recurrent bouts.

Also he can make recommendations about hygiene issues- avoid razor injuries, optimize hygiene eyc.

Good luck;

I hope my answers helped. Good luck