TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  I am a Board Certified Infectious Diseases physician with many years experience treating a broad range of infectious diseases.
13956133

Had a possible hiv exposure two months ago, I have been

Customer Question

had a possible hiv exposure two months ago, I have been stressing since day one non stop ....chking the web constantly and daily, ive had diarrhea on and off for the last month , about a week ago small shock like pain in my head that last a few seconds.... no fever ... can it be stress causing me to feel like this ??had a 7 week test negative but still very worried..... need help
Category: HIV and AIDS
Expert:  TheBugDoctor replied 6 years ago.

Hello.

It certainly does sound like anxiety is playing a big part in your symptoms.

You should be retested at 3 months, but the vast majority of those that will have become infected would have shown positive by 7 weeks.

Anxiety and an 'irritable bowel" can certainly cause your diarrhea and strange neurologic symptoms.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have been stressing so much, my possible HIV infection was one nigh I was having sex with a prostitute and condom broke for a few seconds pulled out and immediate changed condom . I'm I at high risk and can strss cause symptoms like I've been having??

Yes- I see you have posted your concerns numerous times on other questions, and I have reviewed them.

Yes, your stress can cause all your current symptoms. But I still would advise follow up testing at 3 months, as previously suggested.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One last question about enlarge lymph nodes i'n the arm pit , I got this week two small like pimple i'n the armpit can't it be enlarged lymph nodes ??? Sorry to bother you with my uncertainties

If they are still enlarged now- I would suggest having a doctor examine them to confirm they are enlarged lymph nodes. Sometimes people feel normal lymph nodes and think they are abnormal- so a physicians' assessment would be indicated.

Yes, enlarged lymph nodes- if truly enlarged and abnormal, would merit further investigations- as this could be from a whole variety of infections, tumors or other conditions. If for instance you had a skin infection in the arm- from pimples, that could lead to enlarged lymph nodes ( but not usually both arms at the same time).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I know if it's a pimple or enlarged lymph modes , one pimple burns the otero is smaller and doesn't burn last question sorry

The location, firmness, mobility, and overlying skin changes all are important in evaluation lymph nodes- These are things that a good physician can tell by examining you, to let you know if it is something significant or not.