HIV and AIDS

Ask HIV and AIDS Experts. Get Answers to Your HIV and AIDS Questions

HIV and AIDS

I had a intercourse with a person in a massage pallor 7/4

I had a sexual intercourse...
I had a sexual intercourse with a person in a massage pallor 7/4 weekend. Not that it matters, this was the first time I had done any thing like this. A week to 10 days later I developed a small rash on my left forearm about 2" from top to bottom and about 4" from my palm. It is not a circular rash. It has been approx 2 weeks and has not gone away. I have never had any type of rash before. I read about HIV rashes. No I have not had multiple partners. I am white caucasion. I count 9 spots and the itching is mild. Also about the same time I pulled weeds in front of my house. So there is that possibilty of posin ivy. When I first saw them I thought one of my Labs had scratched me although I could not rememeber the dog doing so. I guess my question is should I be tested or what is your your initial opinion? Not sure which way to turn and I am scarred. I am not tired, no fever etc.
7/24/2011
TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)

Can you post the picture?

If I saw it, I could possibly give some advice.

Well- I can tell you looking at it that it does not look like a herpes rash or a rash from HIV.

I think that poison ivy is a possibility. So is eczema.

I would follow up with your doctor.

Sorry if I cannot be of more help, but the picture does not seem very clear when I enlarge it.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an IN PERSON assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)

I would say this rash developed within 7 - 10 days following sexual contact. Not one of my brighter moves. I can try and send another or is there a e-mail address that will accept a larger picture. I had to crop this to fit and be accepted

I am still not suspicious for HIV.

Did it start like blisters, or sort of like the picture shows now?

If you conatct the website moderator :

*****@******.***

and include the URL from the post, they will help to get me a better/bigger pic.

No actually like the picture. Initially I thought it was a scratch from my lab. I looked at them did not remember getting scratch. The smaller ones look like a pimple and the head is getting red almost like what you would see after scratching a misquito bite

OK, then it also is still not suggestive of herpes.

I still think a contact dermatitis ( like poison ivy), or eczema seem likely.

Good luck.

Thank you and I have sent you a larger picture to experts. I humbly appreciate your response

OK.

After I see it, I will add an additional comment.

Huntest-

I just wanted to let you know I just reviewed the 2 pictures sent to me from the moderator- quite good quality now. I don't have any additional thoughts to what I noted before.

I would probably try a topical hydrocortisone cream (OTC) and see if it resolved.

If it worsens or does not respond, I would see your family doctor or a dermatologist.

Good luck.

TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)
TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor
TheBugDoctor, Doctor (MD)