Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Have a 1997 New Hiolland 675e backhoe--all electronic dash.

Hi, have a 1997...

Hi, have a 1997 New Hiolland 675e backhoe--all electronic dash. I noticed yesterday that the oil pressure is one bar away from the top--yellow. I check the oil--and yes--topped offf a bit. Should I remove some oil? or is there something else going on??

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model: 675e6997030700

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Serial #:###-##-####I have membership

3/18/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

What you are describing is the oil pressure sensor is failing

I suggest you get that replaced, should be around the oil filter

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

I am looking through the Repair Manual--in Section 3-Electrical--do you have this handy?

Hi

I am sorry I do not have the manual

Can I keep working with the high pressure until I fix it??
or will I blow out something?

Hi Thank you for the response

Oh sure, you will just be getting that false reading

I hope this helps you

in a car--I have seen a blocked oil passage. The oil temp is reading low to average----with electric-I recall reading it will shut down automatically if it senses something very bad??

Hi

Thank you for that

Don't compare cars to your unit, totally different sensors

Would the oil temp gauge be good to watch then----if it starts to go up shut down?

HI

Yes that would not hurt to keep an eye on it

Wayne, Journeyman
Thanks--have a good Sunday.

You are welcome