Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

Have a JD 47" snowblower. I use it on my X534 tractor. I'm…

Hi! Have a JD...

Hi! Have a JD 47" snowblower. I use it on my X534 tractor. I'm replacing a sheer pin on the impeller, not the auger. The front one is good but the back one is gone..... I assumed it was busted. But when looking closely it appears that there's nothing in the opening at all. If there is a sheer pin opening hole in the back I can't find it to get it lined up! Not sure if the shaft is even turning in the back.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I need a JD person if possible

1/16/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

What is the blower model number? It is not shown with the tractor and Deere makes many models. But there will only be one shea pun for the impeller. If the shaft is not turning on the output end, the shaft is broken!

Model number:JD 47 snowblower. That’s what it says right on the blower. Serial number: 1mo47sbpcbm051946.
The auger was turning slowly but the impeller seemed to be turning normal speed. If there is only one shear pin for the impeller why is there another opening right behind it?

See link, does this look like yours?

Looks very similar. I’m not at home right otherwise I could check.

All I see on the impeller shaft are woodruff keys, not showing a shear pin.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Thank you very much for your help. I have been able to figure things out.Paul Churness

Good job! Thanks!