Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

I have a 1985 International with a DT466 diesel engine. I…

I have a 1985...

I have a 1985 International with a DT466 diesel engine. I suspect I have a cracked exhaust manifold. I only drive this old girl for 40 minutes a night. Can I do much damage if I do not do the repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

The engine was rebuilt 20 years ago and it was serviced two months ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

This is an International five ton body job

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

This has just happened and I am waiting for a couple of quotes to have the work done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems to run fine just a bit of fumeage in the cab but not that noticeable

12/8/2017
JACUSTOMER-a1bo3lcz-

hello this is mike an expert from just answer, no just from a crack in your exhaust maniflod you shpuld be fine should be replace but if fumes and noise does not bother you right now it is okay. as time goes on the crack may get bigger but untill then you are fine. please rate me when you have a chance

JACUSTOMER-a1bo3lcz-
JACUSTOMER-a1bo3lcz-
JACUSTOMER-a1bo3lcz-
JACUSTOMER-a1bo3lcz-