Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

I am working on a 1999 International 9200i. Anytime the

second opinion] I am working...
second opinion] I am working on a 1999 International 9200i.
Anytime the trailer taillight relay is engaged, it somehow feeds power to pole 86 of the trailer stop relay energizing it as well.
I have run a jumper from pole 30 of the brake light relay to pole 86 but it does not feed power back to the trailer taillight relay. It only goes one way and feeds power from the taillight relay to the stop light relay.
Is there a cab module that these go through that can be bad? What am I missing?
Oh yeah, and it also feeds the trailer brake light relay when you turn on either blinker.
Never mind. I think I have a bad body module constantly sending a ground to the brake light relay.
11/25/2017
Andy, Technician

Hi there . My name is Andy ! This truck does not have a body controller. I work for a dealer and you can rest assured , it is not a body controller.

Then what would be my options ?
If it doesn’t have a body module then I’m back to square one. Lol
Do you happen to have access to the schematics for the trailer light relays on a 99 9200i?

Yes sir , i do

You may be my new best friend if you could get those to me.

I would first start by disconnecting the trailer power cord from the truck female socket to see if your problem goes away ... Many times , the problem is in the cord itself or the female socket at the back of the truck

I am your newest friend!

Been down all those roads.

Ok ... Last 8 digits of the vin number please ?

I need it to look in the proper circuit diagram manuals according to your build date.

Ah hell. Let me run down to my shop and get that for you.

Nah ... its ok

There shouldn't be much difference from year to year back then

Give me 5 min

Sweet

Do you have a sleeper on this ? Or is this a daycab ?

Sleeper

ok thanks

Let me know if you need connector views!

Please do not forget to rate my service to you ! Thanks

Will do. I’m looking them over now. Thanks amigo.

Ok ... Good luck ! Will check in from time to time and update if needed.

Andy, Technician
Right on. Those are really going to help! On multiple jobs. I’ve had three of these trucks come thru my shop lately with relay issues. As a private shop it’s hard to get my hands on schematics for the older tractors.

Thanks for the accept. If you ever need me just request for Andy . Happy Holidays !

You too bud!

Thank you .

Perfect! After looking at the schematics it was obvious that the problem had to be at the taillight harness on the tractor. It was a mess! Lol
Thanks again.
All good ... Thank you sir for the question . Happy Holidays!
You too!
Andy, Technician