Heavy Equipment

Heavy equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now.

I have a international straight truck. My wipers are not…

Customer Question
I have a international straight...
I have a international straight truck. My wipers are not working. Whats wrong and how do I fix?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
11/6/2017
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 9 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

did you check the fuse ??

did they just go out all of a sudden ?/

just bought the truck. It was like that. Where are the fuses?

Hi

Thank you for your reply,

they are circuit breakers

left side under dash, if all OK replace the Wiper sitch

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you for that

then check the right side, under the dash or in the dash

I do not know the year so can be any of them places

2009 international 4000 model

Thank you

Check the places I mentioned

also behind driver seat

Hi

Go to the diagram and find the one marked wipers

use a test light and check for power both sides of the breaker, key on

Ok When I turn the wiper switch from on to off the relay marked wiper Hi low relay is clicking

Thank you for that

Ok that is saying switch and breaker is good

replace the motor, it burned out

Where is that located?

Hi

it is in the cowling by the wind shield, need to remove

the wiper arms and then all the screws that hold the cowling on

to get to motor

From the outside?

Hi

Yes

What motor do I need?

Hi

Windshield wiper motor

I know which one?

Hi

Do you have 2 motors , left and right ??

MorningJust following up with youdid my answer help you ??Please remember to rate my answeror the money you paid stays at JAand I get nothing for my timeWayne