Heavy Equipment

Heavy Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Heavy Equipment

Have a MD3060 that is 18 yrs old and down shifts hard from 4…

Customer Question
Have a MD3060 that...

Have a MD3060 that is 18 yrs old and down shifts hard from 4 to 3 and 3 to 2. No warning lights on. Fluids are good. Has about 100k miles Vin no. is 1T75R2B2OY1079667

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dash Board warning lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your transmissions?

MD 3060 Year1999

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your transmissions?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing it myself. Will go to Penn Power in Rochester NY. Checked fluid level which is good (Allison Tran Fluid) Shut power off and on to attempt to reset. Not sure how transmission communicates with engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also noticed when shifting up from 2 to 3, the tacometer will spin out over 3000 rpm and then engages the gear

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Heavy Equipment
Never mind with the answer, got the remedy from another source
Cancel request
Answered in 2 days by:
11/5/2017
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** you still need help with anything else possibly? If so we can follow up as needed on here. Let me know. Im not en employee of the site but will be glad to help you with any of your Allison questions.

Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician