rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

We have a kubota generator gl6000, during Irma our crew

we have a kubota generator gl6000, during Irma our crew overloaded it and when it was restarted a charge light red stays on and it will not come up to full capacity any suggestions would be helpful
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: please stand by while i try to locate that as a lot of items have been destroyed and i will have to search
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: our model number is ***** Serial no797830
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still no phone number

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sir. I am a 40 year licensed A &P Aircraft mechanic. I know how to turn wrenches. My problrm is my Kubota gen. was grossley overloaded by one of my crew turning on a stove to full hot, while two 110 VAC fans were on as well as a 55 inch TV, cable equioment and several lights. Gen loaded up, browned out then quit. It will restart to idle but switch will not bring it up to speed. At idle there is no volyage output. "Charge red light stays on. Over temp light never comes on. At first I thought charge light was bat charge so I jumped gen with aanother battery, no joy. Im thinking voltage regulater is smoked ? I am not a generater mechanic, so any help you can offer will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gen was bought in 05, has been in its own shack is clean aand has approx 100 hours on it.
Also i was told there is a slow blow fuse in it ?

This is a small engine. I thought it was a large diesel. I will opt out and get this to the right category for it was posted in the large bore diesel/heavy equipment section.

I apologize on my delay, I am in southern Florida and the communications are hit and miss.

Hi, I'm Ron, a different expert.

The first thing I need for you to try is disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and touch the 2 cable end together for 10 seconds.

After this has been done, re-connect the battery cables and see if this fixes it. I also attached the web site for your manual too. See below.

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Kubota-Gl6000-Aus-3561933.html

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok please answer my guestions

You may have a bad voltage regulator, but I wanted you to try these relearn procedure first.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok Ron, stand by while i try the bat cable thing

I'm here. I also attached a website for you to get a service manual with my first reply to you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried the bat cable trick...no joy. So is it your opinion the problem is the voltage regulator?
Then why doesn't it accelerate? Id think voltage was at electrical end acceleration is diesel end. How does
the idel switch work? Is tgere a solonoid or something to control mechanical linkage?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you know of any procedures to check AVR ?

If the voltage is low from a bad regulator, nothing will operate correctly. It would be similar to trying to operate a 12 volt system on 10 volts. All the components require full voltage. You can check the output voltage with your DVOM too.

rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience: Since 1975
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok regulator is out. How do I test it ?

I had an issue getting on line with you the past 2 days. Did the expert you talked to on the phone get you taken care of? Do you remember his name so this communication loss doesn't happen again?

Thanks again, Ron