Curtis B.
Curtis B., service manager
Experience:  30 years exp. with diesel engines, heavy equipment and forklifts, including lp forklifts
30244710

1989 Dodge 3/4 ton, 5.9L Cummins Diesel. Overhauled motor,

1989 Dodge 3/4 ton, 5.9L Cummins Diesel. Overhauled motor, Cranking Oil Filter filled right up with oil. Started engine no measureable oil pressure. loosen plug on top of filter and some oil flows, very low pressure. any ideas?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: 1989 Dodge 3/4 ton, 5.9L Cummins Diesel. Overhauled motor, Cranking Oil Filter filled right up with oil. Started engine no measureable oil pressure. loosen plug on top of filter and some oil flows, very low pressure. any ideas?
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

In frame over haul, or full out of frame? Were plugs installed in the crankshaft throws? What was done to oil pump, and suction pipes?

I see question is still open.??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent the block out to a machine shop to have it cleaned and bored. They installed the core plugs but missed installing the core plug in the top of the oil passage that feeds the oil galley behind the lifters. I removed the injection pump and side cover, Installed the core plug and replaced the side cover and injection pump. It now runs fine and has good oil pressure. Thank you for your information.

Good job! Please rate using the 5 star rating system t rate and close the question, and get me credit!